Saturday, November 28, 2015

parts of me

We are meant to reveal ourselves, but i'm not ready. i'm not ready for this, because i haven't glued my heart into my journal yet. It just doesn't seem quite right. It looks wrong. Like something is missing. I haven't typed my heart on my blog either. i've glued parts, pieces of something so large and complicated i marvel in it's shadow. 

It's shadow canst's forms of me when i was little. At age seven i looked into the clouds and thought i saw my grandmother who died before i was born. So i began to talk to her, telling her how much i miss her, even though i never knew her. That is how i feel about my heart. 

There was this pine tree in the front yard of my tiny yellow house. It was so tall, they had to cut off the top to make room for the telephone lines. I used to climb to the very top and sit there. One day, a man walked beneath me when i was singing, he stopped below me and looked around but never up. So instead of fading out in embarrassment, i sang louder. But sometimes people do look up, and fading out in embarrassment seems appropriate. That is how i feel about the pen names. 

I used to play with my shadow. We walked the same paths and always knew when the other wanted to dance. I loved how my shadow looked when we would swing together. I could think longer and deeper than when i was with people. I could try to understand what people tried to shield me from, and understand myself. I still swing with my shadow.  

I have been called angel by friend and foe. I no longer understand what angel means.

My twelfth birthday was the best birthday i can remember. We had breakfast for dinner. It was on a Sunday, all those i loved most were there, and everything was perfect.

Once my friend and i found a spider in my basement. We didn't know what to do so we just trapped it in a cup and taped it to the wall.

It is a dream of mine to wear really tall, red high heels. 

I feel more at home in nature than in a city because nature listens to me. 

These things are all parts of me, not all of me. But i guess that's because i'm still trying to figure out who i really am.

By: Sophia Coverston  

    

7 comments:

  1. I love this so much. the simplicity. the little things about you. Like you said, these things are parts of us, but they're still important. You're amazing. So nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well written and I like how it's just little pieces of you woven together. It's good to finally meet you

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was absolutely beautiful. You are a wonderful writer and an even better person

    ReplyDelete
  4. Junior year!

    You still have time to do everything.
    We all do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another junior!

      I loved the way those pieces put together a picture. Beautiful writing.

      Delete
  5. Loved the stories, especially the one where you related your grandmother to your heart.

    ReplyDelete